I’m a computational social scientist, currently working as an Assistant Professor at University of Novi Sad, Faculty of Philosophy. I completed my sociology PhD in 2019 and my main research interests are centered around applying and developing statistical and computational methods in across multiple areas of social science (sociology, psychology, demography, political science).
I’m also as a member of Serbian European Social Survey team.
My Erdős number is 4 (A. Tomašević – M. Mitrović Danuklov – G. Caldarelli – B. Bollobás – P. Erdős).
Research Changelog ✨
03/22 Book proposal Network Analysis of Multivariate Data: An Introduction accepted from CRC Press / Taylor & Francis Group! Book should be completed in 2nd part of 2023.
03/22 The Ising Model of Human Values abstract accepted at Sunbelt 2022 conference for poster presentation.
01/22 Measuring the influence of beliefs in belief networks ArXiv preprint updated, shorter version of the paper.
Current Research Interests
- Computational Social Science
- Network science
- Network Psychometrics
- 2021 - Network Science Society, member
- 2021 - Center for Sociological Research, University of Novi Sad, coordinator
- 2022 - Society for the Improvement of Psychological Science, member
- 2022 - Psychometric Society, member
I’m a Linux 🐧 geek, so naturally I support FOSS in everything I do.
Whenever possible I prefer plain text (
tex) to alternatives. I like to own my files and don’t depend on proprietary software to read them in 5, 10 years or more. I’m also a fan of single text file productivty, you can check out my VSCode extension Working Memory for more details.
Dinić, B. M., Sokolovska, V., & Tomašević, A. (2021). The narcissism network and centrality of narcissism features. Current Psychology. https://doi.org/10.1007/s12144-020-01250-w
Dinić, B. M., Wertag, A., Sokolovska, V., & Tomašević, A. (2021). The good, the bad, and the ugly: Revisiting the Dark Core. Current Psychology. https://doi.org/10.1007/s12144-021-01829-x
Dinić, B. M., Wertag, A., Tomašević, A., & Sokolovska, V. (2020). Centrality and redundancy of the Dark Tetrad traits. Personality and Individual Differences, 155, 109621. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.paid.2019.109621
Sokolovska, V., Dinić, B., & Tomašević, A. (2018). Aggressiveness in the HEXACO personality model. Psihologija, 51(4), 449–468. https://doi.org/10.2298/PSI170705022S
- Tomašević, A. (2021). Measuring the influence of beliefs in belief networks. ArXiv:2110.09154 [Physics, Stat]. http://arxiv.org/abs/2110.09154
- GitHub repostiory: https://github.com/atomashevic/belief-influence
Computational Social Science & Complex Networks
- Vranić, A., Tomašević, A., Alorić, A., Mitrović Dankulov, M. (2022). Sustainability of Stack Exchange Q&A communities: the role of trust. ArXiv:2205.07745 [physics.soc-ph]. https://arxiv.org/abs/2205.07745
- GitHub repository: https://github.com/ana-vranic/Stack-Exchange-communities
- Lukić, V., & Tomašević, A. (2020). Immigrant integration regimes in Europe: Incorporating the Western Balkan countries. Acta Geographica Slovenica, 60(1), 143-153-143–153. https://doi.org/10.3986/AGS.7286
Over the years I’ve consulted with a number of companies and organizations. Most of it is survey design, research and data analysis. Contact me if you’re interested in my services.